Working closely with area, national, and international organizations, the Center sponsors practical internships and opportunities for study abroad.We are currently working with the Hinckley Institute to give our students greater opportunities with their existing resources.
Both graduate and undergraduate internships are available.
1) Browse the Hinckley Institute Website
Browse the Internships section of our website to see what the Hinckley Institute has to offer. Information and web links are provided to educate you about each internship opportunity. Make a ranked list of which internship offices are of the most interest to you.
2) Complete Online Application
Fill out and submit the Online Application. Once you have submitted the online application, a copy of your application along with an email verification will be sent to your email. Please print off application from email and attach to file.
3) Compile the Internship Application Materials listed below:
For your convenience here is a printable checklist of materilas needed.
- Online Application (upon sumbission a copy of your application along with an email verification will be sent to your email). Please print off application from email and attach to file.
- Current resume (Click here and here to see a resume example, and here for resume ideas) Also see more information on the University of Utah Career Services webpage by clicking here.
- 2-4 letters of recommendation (use the recommendation forms or formal letters of recommendation). One must be an academic reference.
- Statement of Purpose/Cover Letter (cover letter explaining why you would like to be an intern)
- 4-5 page writing sample (4-5 page excerpt of a research paper submitted for a class)
- Signed academic form
- Official University of Utah Transcript obtained from the Registrar's Office (250 SSB).
4) Submit the Completed Internship Application to the Tanner Human Rights Center (OSH
Sumbit a hard copy of ALL application materials to the Tanner Human Rights Center, OSH 331, open Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
5) Interview with Program Manager
Aleta Tew will contact you regarding your application.