To encourage University of Utah students, faculty, staff and local community members to seek a life of human rights advocacy and peacemaking through inspiration, education, and participation
- To inspire by presenting the attainment of peace, nonviolence, and human rights as ethical, rational and essential.
- To affirm peace, nonviolence, productive conflict resolution, and human rights as both the process and the product of our efforts.
- To educate by providing an array of academic programs for students, campus and community forums, faculty and graduate student research symposia, secondary and primary school outreach, and relevant resource materials.
- To provide internships, field experiences, and student engagement in the design and conduct of workshops and projects.
- To collaborate with related groups and organizations in Utah and beyond.
- To continue meeting the challenges of an ever-changing world with innovative ideas in education and participation to foster nonviolent human rights advocacy.