BUILDING INCLUSIVE AND SUSTAINABLE CITIES AND COMMUNITIES
The 68th United Nations Civil Society Conference
26 - 28 August 2019
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
UN Civil Society Conference co-organized with NGO Executive Committee is the premier event for civil society
at the United Nations. The conference attracts an average of 2,000 representatives
of more that 500 NGOs, from over 100 countries, and focuses on a different UN topic
of interest related to the work of civil society and NGOs. This international forum
gathers UN System officials, prominent international NGOs, public opinion makers,
members of academia and media to discuss issues of global concern.
Partnerships are essential to ensure the continued and appreciating achievements of
both the UN and civil society community.
Proposed Thematic Sessions
1. Inclusive Communities – Leaving No One Behind
2. Climate Change – Communities in Action
3. Peaceful Societies – Recovering from Conflict and Nurturing Peace
4. Youth-led Session – Creating Opportunities and Economic Success for Youth
5. Infrastructure and Natural Resource Use
6. Emerging Technologies and Innovation
An outcome document will be drafted by civil society under the leadership of the Conference’s
Chair, submitted for global consultations leading up to and during the conference,
and presented at the closing plenary for adoption.
To learn more, and to register to participate, please visit: www.un.org/csc2019